How To Reach Pondicherry:
Pondicherry can be reached by air or rail upto Chennai and then by a road drive of about 160 kms. A few trains ply from Kerala, Delhi, Mumbai, Howrah, and Bhuvaneshwar but these run only on certain days and one can check the same at https://indiarailinfo.com/ and http://www.indianrail.gov.in/or https://www.90di.com/travel/ Besides Chennai, the other railway station close to Puducherry is Villupuram. (40 km away). It is well connected by road from neighbouring states such as Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka and Andhra by bus.
Airport to Pondicherry Drive is about 21/2 to 3 hours journey.
While travelling either by the East Coast Road (ECR) or the Bypass Road one can avail refreshments and rest rooms at any of the following restaurants: AdyarAnandaBhavan (Popularly known as A2B) ; Hotel Sangeetha; Hotel AnandhaBhavan and Hotel Mamalla (This is only present on ECR Road)
Road travel from Chennai on the East Coast road (ECR) is very scenic and is usually recommended. For A/C buses from Chennai one can do online booking at http://www.busindia.com/PRTC-Pondicherry-Online-Booking.jsp
For taxi operators one can check out online. We still provide you names of few that you could approach:
- Sri Chakra travels (contact:+91-413-4200355 and +91-9345448048),
- Kalki travels (contact: +91-413 220 2202 and +91-9751797904),
- Siva Shakthi travels (contact:+91-413 2221992 and +91-9443279892,
- Comfort travels(contact:+91-413 2223724 and +91-9442555959),
- Independent car drivers: Mr. Selvaraj (contact:+91-919944338676) and Mr. Ranganathan (contact:+91-9944008916).